Saturday, March 12, 2011

Art Class

I love my Art teacher, she's great, so encouraging.   We are experimenting with pen and ink, and ink washes.   At the beginning of the class she spends time talking about the medium and techniques we will be using, then she produces a few photos she has taken.   I picked the photo of a cow grazing under the large apple tree.  It actually had two cows, but artistic licence allows me to use or lose parts of the picture.

I've completed the foreground and the background, and am now working on the tree.  The apple tree is in bloom, and this will dominate the picture.  I'm trying to style the tree "after Edward Bawden" whose work I admire.  Lastly, I will complete the sky.


Somerset Farm Scene 
Work in Progress

Stop by to see this picture progress

No comments:

Post a Comment